Oculus CV1 Remote Input mapping

I would like to map the main CV1 remote button to Fire1 in the Inputmanager, any suggestions?

I have now found out that the trick to getting OVRInput.Get() work properly is to make sure that OVRInput.Update()
is called regularly. This can either be done manually or it will be performed automatically if the OVRCameraRig is used, instead of
a normal camera.

Here is the steps I took to make input work:

Now you can use for example OVRInput.Get(OVRInput.Button.One) calls to check if the middle round button on the oculus remote is pressed.

Here is an example class that tracks if some of the buttons are pressed during a frame:

using UnityEngine;

public class OculusRemote : MonoBehaviour {
	void Update ()
    {
        OVRInput.Update(); // need to be called for checks below to work

if (OVRInput.Get(OVRInput.Button.DpadLeft)) {
            print("left button pressed");
        }
        if (OVRInput.Get(OVRInput.Button.DpadRight)) {
            print("right button pressed");
        }
        if (OVRInput.Get(OVRInput.Button.One)) {
            print("round button pressed");
        }
    }
}

Just attach if to any game object in the scene, and you should see the printouts in the console.

Thanks for clarification, here comes official help https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/game-engines/latest/concepts/unity-ovrinput/#unity-ovrinput-rift-remote :slight_smile:

Still trying to figure this out. It keeps giving me an error "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object OVRInput.GetUp (Button virtualMask, Controller controllerMask) (at Assets/OVR/Scripts/OVRInput.cs:600) "

Can you help me how you did it? @ian1908 or @7a

please @Bapez. explain further your findings in : “you must use the OVRcameracontroller from within the package”.

I cant figure out where to start modifying my script like you have done:

if (OVRInput.GetUp(OVRInput.Button.One, OVRInput.Controller.Remote))

is it possible to use the OVRinput by running your script from the OVRcameracontroller or do you have to inject your code into the OVRinput script?

BR / Fredrik (DEV. “Dactyl Nightmare”)

Hi,

I am also having trouble making the oculus remote and touch controllers work in Unity version 5.4.3f1p. Although I haven’t figured out how to make the controllers respond to everything, I did discover that “Submit” and “Joystick button 0” respond to “Button.One” on the Oculus Remote. But based on the documentation and the Input Editor it’s unclear why that is the case.

Hi,
I have the same problem. I don’t know how configuring my remote controller… is there someone who can explain to me from the begining?