Oculus: How to pass the TestSubmitFramesWhenNotVisible validation?

I am writing an oculus app and running the oculus validator.
It is my understanding that the app needs to stop outputting frames when it looses vr focus: https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unity/latest/concepts/unity-lifecycle/

However, I am not clear if I am supposed to be doing this manually. From what I can tell on old forum posts, unity is supposed to handle this automatically for me. From what I see, when the the app loses focus, it’s mirror window on the computer screen goes black, but the TestSubmitFramesWhenNotVisible fails anyway with 2 frames submitted. Is there some code that I should be calling in my unity scripts in response to OVRManager.hasVrFocus?

I find it interesting though, that the number of ovr_CommitTextureSwapChain goes down from 36 to 2.

"c:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusVRCValidator" --path build/game/game.exe --test TestSubmitFramesWhenNotVisible

22/03 23:46:57.299 {INFO}    [Kernel:Default] [CAPI] LibOVR module is located at C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\LibOVRRT64_1.dllStarting TestSubmitFramesWhenNotVisible

22/03 23:46:57.306 {INFO}    [Client] Connected to the server running version (prod = 1).1.36.0(build = 215623) feature version = 0. Client runs version (prod = 1).1.36.0(build = 0) feature version = 0
Waiting for the application to run for 5 seconds before testing begins...
Starting test...
Requesting the void...
Number of texture swap chains committed when visible 36
Number of texture swap chains committed when not visible 2
ERROR: Committed a texture swap chain (called ovr_CommitTextureSwapChain) when application not visible
Please refer to VRC Guidelines: https://developer.oculus.com/distribute/latest/concepts/vrc-pc-input-1/
Cleaning up...
Test FAILED

I am guessing that unchecking “Run in background” on the player settings should fix this.

I’ll let you know if it doesn’t once I’ve submitted my app!

More info
here.

Ok, now I think I figured something out about this…
After testing nearly all available versions of unity it may be the logo/splashscreen so I guess that has to go.

Managed to get it from “texture swap chains committed when not visible” 4 to 2 and sometimes 0 (one time), by having the bare minimum setting of Animation “static”, and Draw Mode “Unity Logo Below”.

Edit: no it wasn’t that Unity Plus didn’t help.

Hi Did you find any solution for this ? @rh_galaxy @eyals