Old Game Files

I had made an app a while ago, and since when you build a windows game, a folder is created with the data.
I was wondering if there was a way that i could open that back up in Unity.
Is that possible?

1956739--126563--SSFR.png

It's not possible to decompile levels. As far as I know it's not possible.

You can do that with scripts by locating .dlls and decompiling them. Assets can be opened as well.

The short answer is no, you can't open a project from a build. As elmar says there's some amount of reverse-engineering you can do to get bits of it back, but it's not at all practical and I doubt you could get it all.

Would these be the scripts??

1956794--126568--scripts.png

Yeah. It has been discussed before so little search would give you answers.

What;s the bane if your game?

Based on file timestamps, level of your other questions and join date I have to ask is that even from your game or are you trying to decompile a game made by someone else...

1 Like

I took a break for a while because I got too busy, and forgot my first login.
I wouldn't steal someone else's work.

The short answer is yes, there are tools available somewhere that'll reconstruct the entire project with assets and scenes.

That's not really all that helpful of a post without a link to the tools in question.

Only took me a few seconds to find the tool he was referring to. I don't think Unity wants it being linked here though. Still anyone who is actually interesting in finding out should be capable of performing a basic Google search like I just did.

If you're going to rip someone elses game but need to ask for help on the unity forums that's really lame.

I'm 90% sure that's what this topic is.

Yeah, I didn't really grasp that initially. Failed to notice the OP was the same person asking all the other questions in the wrong forum about even the most basic of tasks, which indicates they likely never exported anything themselves before.

Ah yes, I remember now. He's the one who spawned that amusing thread about adding a ceiling.

1 Like

Well at least we can be grateful for that.