OnCollisionEnter not working

So I have 2 objects, one a player and another an enemy. I have a script attached to the player as follows

void OnCollisionEnter (Collision col)
    {
        if(col.gameObject.name == "prop_powerCube")
        {
            Destroy(col.gameObject);
        }
    }

I have a sphere collider attached to the player and a mesh collider attached to the enemy. I have already setup the variable Checkcollision to appear on my debug log and for it to increase by 1 every time the player collides with the enemy. The problem is it won’t increase by one.

To try to fix this problem I attached this script to the enemy

void OnCollisionEnter (Collision col)
    {

}

My player has a rigidbody component attached to it but my enemy does not. I did not click the “Is Trigger” checkbox on both colliders as well.

Thanks

@Smkore_Kw4ard

Fair warning: I’m a beginner, so I’m not sure I can help, but I can try.

If you are going to have a bunch of destroyable enemies collide with a fewer amount of players, it’ll probably be best to have the collision detection script on the players. Also, it is difficult for me to help when I only see your collision code. Where is your CheckCollision script/method that increments the checkCollision integer? In the mean time, something quick you can try is to call the CheckCollision script/method in the if statement of your OnCollisionEnter method.