OnCollisionEnter with Player

Hello,

I am working on a game, and I am not able to figure out why my OnCollisionEnter part of the script is not probably working. I currently have a rigidbody and a character controller attached to the character. And the object is colliding with a primitive cube with a box collider and the isTrigger disabled. When I was using a primitive object, I was able to get the debug log to execute properly because, in addition to those attachments, it had a capsule collider attached to the “Player” object. However, when I attempted to attach a capsule collider to the player, the game begins to act up, as it seems the character controller collider is colliding with that collider despite my edits to reduce the collisions. Is there a way to execute the script without having to attach additional collider and just the collider with the character controller? Thank you for your help in advance. Below is part of my script.

private void OnCollisionEnter(Collision other)
        {

if (other.gameObject.tag == "Player")
            {

Debug.Log("contact");
            }

}

Solved. Here is what I did. Attached this script to the player, and removed the rigidbody. Hope this helps someone.

public class Colliders : MonoBehaviour
{

// Use this for initialization
void Start()
{

}

void OnControllerColliderHit(ControllerColliderHit hit)
{
    if (hit.transform.tag == "sup")
    {
        Debug.Log("Hit");
    }
}

}