OnTriggerEnter/OnCollisionEnter and 5.0

I’ve been having a really bad issue with Unity 5.0 and the collision/trigger detection…

The problem is that it doesn’t work. I know I’m doing everything right, I know I’ve marked the object that’s supposed to trigger/collide as “Is Trigger”, I know that I have my player with a rigidbody component, I know that the tag for the player is indeed “Player”, I know that I keep calling “other.gameObject.tag == “Player”” until my fingers fall off, and what has that gotten me? Nothing.

This is really frustratingly odd being that Unity 4.7, I had very little troubles with the Trigger/Colliders not working. Now all of the sudden none of the Triggers/Colliders are working. The even odder thing is that I double checked my Unity5 project with the one made in Unity4…Everything worked. It noticed the player, it triggered, it tele-ported the player, everything that I asked for happened.

Now, could someone please explain to me why I’m having this issue.

Here is the code:

void OnTriggerEnter(Collider other)
    {
        if(other.gameObject.tag == "Player")
        {
            cpCount = cpCount + 1;

Debug.Log(cpCount);
        }
    }

And again, the player has a rigidbody, the thing that I’m supposed to collide/trigger with is checked for “Is Trigger”.

Thanks.

Try increasing the Solver Iteration Count

Edit > Project Settings > Physics

Have you tried having rigidbodies set on Both objects; the character and the trigger object?