OpenFeint Unity sample

Hi folks,

We have been trying to get the sample application provided by OpenFeint to work( http://support.openfeint.com/dev/example-integrating-ofunity-for-ios-with-unity)
However despite us following the instructions given to the letter, it is not working. Though we are using XCode 3, upon building, most of the required frameworks appear as missing. After adding them in manually, the application will run, but before getting past the loading screen it will crash with an EXC_BAD_ACCESS error.

Using:
Mac OS 10.6.6,
Unity 3.4,
XCode 3.2.5 and iOS SDK 4.2

Has anyone had similar issues or a potential solution?

I downloaded XCode 4 and followed OpenFeint’s XCode 4 integration instructions and so far it seems to be working.

UPDATE: Here’s some troubleshooting knowledge I’ve gained while working on this hopefully someone else will find it useful:

1. Despite what OpenFeint’s documentation says, XCode 4 does not like it when you tell Unity to “Append” your XCode project. Every time I make a change in Unity and want a new XCode build I have to select “Replace” and follow all the steps in the integration docs again (adding the Other Linker Flags, OFResources_Universal.bundle, OpenFeint.framework, and the list of standard frameworks back into my project) otherwise XCode 4 gives me various errors that seem to be linker related.

2. XCode 4 selects the simulator by default when you open up a new XCode project, and while it seems glaringly obvious and I knew Unity’s XCode project doesn’t work in the simulator, it’s very easy to not notice that the simulator is selected in the “Scheme” buttons in the top left corner of XCode 4. You have to select both “Unity-iPhone” in the left side and a device in the right, otherwise you will get hundreds of errors.

3. If you get the error “Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1” in XCode 4, you need to Clean your project (Product > Clean) and then it builds and runs properly.