Particle system

The problem is this: I want smoke to appear after the shot. I set up the particles, but I can’t figure out how to call them after the button is pressed. Tell me how to correctly write a script so that everything works, thanks in advance to everyone who helps!

To create a particle system in Unity, you first need to create a new particle system using the menu option GameObject > Particle System. Once you have a particle system in your scene, you can create a script to control it.

Here is an example script that you can use to make a particle system appear when a button is pressed:

using UnityEngine;

public class ParticleController : MonoBehaviour
{
    public ParticleSystem particleSystem; // Reference to the particle system in the scene

void Update()
    {
        if (Input.GetButtonDown("Fire1")) // Check if the user pressed the button
        {
            particleSystem.Play(); // Play the particle system
        }
    }
}

In this script, the ParticleSystem variable is a reference to the particle system in the scene. In the Update method, the script checks if the user pressed the button, and if they did, it plays the particle system.

To use this script, attach it to the same GameObject as the particle system, and then drag the particle system from the hierarchy into the Particle System variable in the inspector. This will link the script to the particle system in the scene.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Assuming you have a reference to the particle system…

particleSystem.Play();

(also make sure you turn off loop in the particle system properties)