Passing param to 'Start ( )' on Instantiate?

I am building a Magic (Damage) system, and I basically need to have it attack the player, then be destroyed. Now, I already know that I can easily just use a few ifs in Update to get this job done, but, I want to pass several pieces of data, and ensure that they are all recieved before this ‘oneShot’ script is applied. I do know that I could just use a boolean to ask if X is ativated, but, how would one go about passing data in:

function blaaa ( )
{
   var Google = Instantiate ( Google, Googles.transfrom.position, Googles.transform.rotation ) ; // <--- Here is where I want to pass things like "Magic Type, Damage, Defense, etc.
}

I don’t really want to Access the script, and set variables. I’d much just rather do this in one shot .

Any help would be greatly appreaciated ! Thanks much :smiley:

Usually, to do this I make a static function in the class, which takes these arguments, and then creates the appropriate prefab, sets the appropriate values, and returns the resultant game object.
Alternatively, you can make an Initialize function, that performs similarly to a constructor, and instantiate the object, then call Init() and pass the data you need to pass to it.