PC Standalone does not run - URGENT

Sorry for the all caps urgent. We have a standalone PC application that runs fine in the IDE with no errors, compiles fine, but does not run. Here is a copy of the output_log.txt file. If there is any more information that would be helpful let me know. Please help, our project is due tomorrow!

============================================

Direct3D: Version: Direct3D 9.0c [nvd3dum.dll 8.17.12.6658] Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 Vendor: NVIDIA VRAM: 1536 MB Caps: Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=0 DF24=0 INTZ=1 RAWZ=0 NULL=1 RESZ=0 SlowINTZ=0 desktop: 1920x1200 59Hz; virtual: 3200x1200 at 0,0 Initializing (RawInput).

Input initialized.

Non platform assembly: data-03006DB0 (this message is harmless) Non platform assembly: data-0306B088 (this message is harmless) Non platform assembly: data-07210180 (this message is harmless) Non platform assembly: data-07276FF0 (this message is harmless) Platform assembly: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\Project Unity\Project_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless) Platform assembly: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\Project Unity\Project_Data\Managed\Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless) Platform assembly: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\Project Unity\Project_Data\Managed\UnityScript.Lang.dll (this message is harmless) Platform assembly: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\Project Unity\Project_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless) Your 64 bit Windows installation is missing an imporant service pack patch. Please apply http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976038 to ensure stability.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/f724c1acfee760b6/PlatformDependent/Win/wow64.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at Main.Start () [0x00000] in :0

(Filename: Line: -1)

=====================================================

EDIT::::

Two more pieces of information I can share:

We tried to compile it again recently and here are some more errors we are getting:

===================================================

Error building Player: IOException: Failed to Copy File / Directory from 'Temp/StagingArea/Data' to 'C:/Users/Public/Documents/Unity Projects/Project Unity\Project_Data'. UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

====================================================

Exception: Error building Player: IOException: Failed to Copy File / Directory from 'Temp/StagingArea/Data' to 'C:/Users/Public/Documents/Unity Projects/Project Unity\Project_Data'. UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.BuildPlayerWithDefaultSettings (Boolean askForBuildLocation, BuildOptions forceOptions) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/f724c1acfee760b6/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindow.cs:340) UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.BuildPlayerAndRun () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/f724c1acfee760b6/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindow.cs:262)

Run it in the mono-debugger, if you'r lucky the error persists and you can trace it, if not it might be a race-condition and need a bit more investigation. Cheers,

Right-Clicking my batch (.bat) and “Run as Administrator” solved my problem just now.

That first one sounds like a bad bug. The other ones seem suspiciously like what I was seeing before I excluded those folders from my virus scanner.

Do you have any 'Application.isEditor' clauses in your code? It's caught me out before ;) The file copy problem was cured here by re-booting and/or restarting Unity (as efge said).

I had this happen when another process/application was using the output file it was compiling to. So getting rid of that hurdle fixed it.

This happened to med when I forgot to close the build I had running from the previous test.

I’ve run into this issue too and I think it’s caused by the livescan of your antivirus that will try to read files as they are being written on disk by Unity. Most antivirus tools have ways to add exceptions to the folders they scan automatically, add your Unity folder there.