Please help my sanity. Why does Unity Answers change certain text in my browser?

I often search for solutions to problems, and the search results bring me here to Unity Answers. It’s a great place of information! But something weird is happening a lot (though not always).

Whenever a word has “hi” in it, my browser changes those two characters into “$$anonymous$$”

So instead if “this”, it will display “this”

this

which

within

It makes it really annoying and confusing to read. And I have no clue why. I believe Unity Answers is the only site that does it. The regular Unity forums don’t as far as I can tell. And I don’t remember any other sites doing it. I thought it may be because I’m using the Brave browser, but it did the same thing on Microsoft Edge.

Am I the only one experiencing this? It’s really trippy!
Just to show what I mean, I’m attaching a photo of what I see in this random thread…

Thank you so much! :smiley:

This site is unmaintained garbage and has been broken in various ways for ages. It’s not just you or your browser, the actual posts have been broken by the website. For whatever reason it sometimes thinks the letters H and I are you trying to mention a user, and does that sometimes.

Hello there, I shall not use the greeting that should not be written…

I asked chatgpt to fix this problem via a chrome extension, I posted it here GitHub - NordicGaben/UnityForumQuickFix: Replace "$$anonymous$$" back to "hi" on all url's starting with 'https://answers.unity.com/' by installing this chrome extension.