PostProcessBuildPlayer on Win32 not executed

Dear community,

as mentioned in the title my PostProcessBuildPlayer ( in Python script ) will not be executed in Unity3D Pro 2.6.1 on Windows XP SP3. When typing in the command line of windows's cmd: "python c:\pathTo\Assets\Editor\PostProcessBuildPlayer" everything is fine, the script will be executed, because the python bin path I have set in Windows PATH environment. But as mentionend in the "Build Player Pipeline" on http://unity3d.com/support/documentation/Manual/Build%20Player%20Pipeline.html I can use python as well or any other compatible script language. What's wrong with Unity3D and its Player Post Processing on Windows?

P.S.: Changing "PostProcessBuildPlayer" to "PostprocessBuildPlayer" has no effects. In the EditorLog I can not see any print output of the PostprocessBuildPlayer script.

Thanks for answering, this workaround is a very good trick. But when Unity will solve this bug for Win32?

Hmm. I don't know why this is, but I do have a workaround (only works in Pro though): - make a custom MenuItem that calls BuildPipeline.BuildPlayer(), and when it's done, does some other stuff.

then always use that to make a build. I've used that on all my games, and liked it better as it just gives a bit more control.

On Mac it is confirmed to Work…

– PARTIAL EDITOR LOG FILE –

Unloading 221 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 919.

System memory in use: 159.0 MB.

Unloading 12 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 2 / Dirty serialized files: 2)

Executing PostprocessBuildPlayer…

– PARTIAL EDITOR LOG FILE –

Will not work in windows as of yet… I know HiggyB worked on this in the past, he was going to test it on Windows 7… haven’t heard anything yet…

Works for Mac & Win in Unity 3.5.2 now with UnityEditor.Callbacks checkout my post Post Process Mayhem to see how to use them.

Note that the documentation now states that PostProcessBuildPlayer is not supported on windows.