Problem refering instantiate GameObjects to detect a Raycast Collision

Hi, well, this is very simple but I have looked around other posts and though about it for a while and I don’t get why it sends me the typical “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” error.

I instantiate at random positions 30 prefab objects with this line through a for loop, but that’s not revelant.

Instantiate(baldosa, Vector3(nuevaX, 7, nuevaZ), Quaternion.identity);

What I want to do is to check if one of them has been instantiated at a specific position where I have put a Raycast:

Physics.Raycast(Vector3(-14, 5, 14), Vector3.up, hit, 10);

I have of course created a hit variable for the RaycastHit stuff as you have though:

private var hit: RaycastHit;

And finally we have the if statement which shows me error:

if(hit.collider.tag == "Baldosas"){

Debug.Log("Nivel Cargado");
	}

else{

Invoke("CargaNivel",0);

}

Of course once again, the prefab to be instantiated has correctly the “Baldosas” tag and the raycast origin Vector3 point is a little bit under the point I want to check respect Y axis (that’s why Vector3.up as direction).

The problem seems to be related with the referencing of the collider tag…

Thank you for your time.

Solved. I actually ended up just checking if there is something colliding with the ray with the lines:

if(Physics.Raycast(empty.transform.position, Vector3(0,1,0), hit, 10.0)){

Debug.Log("Nivel Cargado");

}

Also as you could have seen, I prefered to put a empty gameobject under the point I want to check.

It wasn’t exactly what I was looking for but as long as it works for me it’s fine.