Problem with iPhoneX iOS.DeviceGeneration on iPhoneX

Hello,
I am using Unity 2017.2.0p3 and when I try to

if(UnityEngine.iOS.Device.generation == DeviceGeneration.iPhoneX)

on iPhoneX iOS 11.2 SIMULATOR (XCode 9.2 beta), it doesn’t work (generation is Unknown).

Is it a bug with my version of Unity or is it simulator and it would work on real device?
Regards

this is working great for me

if(Screen.width == 1125 && Screen.height == 2436 ) { Debug.Log ("This is iphoneX"); }

I have a same problem. I can’t find workaround yet.

This is the working code I’ve developed to work around this issue. Shipped successfully on iOS and passed Apple’s app review.

Usage:

if (ThisPlatform.IsIphoneX) {
    // do something specific for iPhone X
}

Since UnityEngine.iOS.Device.generation returns Unknown, the trick is to check the device’s ID via SystemInfo.deviceModel against known iPhone X identifiers. Comments in the code below.

The code:

using UnityEngine;

public class ThisPlatform {

// This property allows you to use ThisPlatform.IsIphoneX to determine if you should do anything special in your code when checking for iPhone X.
	public static bool IsIphoneX {
		get {
			#if UNITY_IOS

// If testing without an iPhone X, add FORCE_IPHONEX to your Scripting Define Symbols.
				// Useful when using Xcode's Simulator, or on any other device that is not an iPhone X.
				#if FORCE_IPHONEX
					return true;
				#else

// iOS.Device.generation doesn't reliably report iPhone X (sometimes it's "unknown"), but it's there in case it ever properly works.
					if (UnityEngine.iOS.Device.generation == UnityEngine.iOS.DeviceGeneration.iPhoneX) {
						return true;
					}

// As a last resort to see if the device is iPhone X, check the reported device model/identifier.
					string deviceModel = SystemInfo.deviceModel;
					if (deviceModel == IphoneX.Identifier_A || deviceModel == IphoneX.Identifier_B) {
						return true;
					}

return false;
				#endif
			#else
				return false;
			#endif
		}
	}

}

#if UNITY_IOS

public class IphoneX {

// Device identifiers from https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/List_of_iPhones
		public const string Identifier_A = "iPhone10,3";
		public const string Identifier_B = "iPhone10,6";

// As an added bonus when dealing with screen margins...
		// If unable to use Unity's Screen.safeArea, or if you just don't want to, the following values should help with your calculations to keep elements away from the screen edges (assuming the phone is landscape here).
		public const float SideMarginPercentage = .055f;
		public const float BottomMarginPercentage = .0827f;
		public const float HomeButtonWidthPercentage = .256f;
	}

#endif