Problem with rotation Please Help Me

I have a GameObject “Player” that is the parent of an Image “The Red”. I use the Player for the movement. and The Red for the rotation. When I press, WASD keys, it will move and rotate towards where it is moving. When I rotate from 0 degrees to 270 degrees, there is no problem, it rotates counter clockwise. but when I rotate from 270 degrees to 360 degrees then it will rotate clockwise instead of counter clockwise which is closer. I think there is something that I need to take the difference of but I don’t know what.

This is what it looks like from the Game.

This is my PlayerMovement.cs Script

public class PlayerMovement : MonoBehaviour
{
public float moveSpeed;
public GameObject theRed;

void Update()
{
	Vector3 movement = new Vector3 ();
	Vector3 rotation = Vector3.zero;

if(Input.GetKey(KeyCode.W))
	{
		movement += Vector3.up;
		rotation.z = 90f;
		theRed.transform.localEulerAngles = Vector3.Slerp(theRed.transform.localEulerAngles, rotation, 0.15f);
	}	
	else if(Input.GetKey(KeyCode.S))
	{
		movement += Vector3.down;
		rotation.z = 270f;
		theRed.transform.localEulerAngles = Vector3.Slerp(theRed.transform.localEulerAngles, rotation, 0.15f);
	}	
	else if(Input.GetKey(KeyCode.A))
	{
		movement += Vector3.left;
		rotation.z = 180f;
	}	
	else if(Input.GetKey(KeyCode.D))
	{
		movement += Vector3.right;
		rotation.z = 0f;
	}

transform.Translate (moveSpeed * movement.normalized * Time.deltaTime);
}

}

Well first, get rid of the slerps. And since you’re only editing one component of the rotation, I would store it as a float instead of a Vector3.

What you want to do is manually change the rotation value. If you have two variables, CurrentRotation and TargetRotation, you can do something like this:

float rotDiff = (TargetRotation-CurrentRotation);
while(rotDiff < -180)
    rotDiff += 360;
while(rotDiff > 180)
    rotDiff -= 360;
CurrentRotation += rotDiff * Time.deltaTime;
transform.rotation = Quaternion.Euler(0,0,CurrentRotation);

That will ensure it’s always going in the shortest direction, and it allows you to track the rotation more easily.