Problem with the Universal RP in a fresh project (Burst package error)

Hi,

I just opened a new project and wanted to mess around with the Universal Render Pipeline (URP).
However, when installing the URP package and its dependencies I am met with very specific errors relating to the Burst package (See below).

I’ve tried reinstalling the Unity version I’m using (2021.3.6f1 LTS) and have tried to use the template provided in Unity Hub but the same errors occur.

What can I do about this? Is there a simple fix?

Errors:
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.7\Runtime\Tiling\ZBinningJob.cs(17,6): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘BurstCompileAttribute’ could not be found…
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.7\Runtime\Tiling\ZBinningJob.cs(17,6): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘BurstCompile’ could not be found…
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.7\Runtime\Decal\Entities\DecalCreateDrawCallSystem.cs(128,22): error CS0234: The type or namespace name ‘BurstCompileAttribute’ does not exist in the namespace ‘Unity.Burst’…
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.7\Runtime\Decal\Entities\DecalCreateDrawCallSystem.cs(128,22): error CS0234: The type or namespace name ‘BurstCompile’ does not exist in the namespace ‘Unity.Burst’…
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.7\Runtime\Decal\Entities\DecalUpdateCachedSystem.cs(186,22): error CS0234: The type or namespace name ‘BurstCompileAttribute’ does not exist in the namespace ‘Unity.Burst’…
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.7\Runtime\Decal\Entities\DecalUpdateCachedSystem.cs(186,22): error CS0234: The type or namespace name ‘BurstCompile’ does not exist in the namespace ‘Unity.Burst’…
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.7\Runtime\Tiling\LightExtractionJob.cs(8,6): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘BurstCompileAttribute’ could not be found…
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.7\Runtime\Tiling\LightExtractionJob.cs(8,6): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘BurstCompile’ could not be found…
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.7\Runtime\Tiling\MinMaxZJob.cs(14,6): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘BurstCompileAttribute’ could not be found…
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.7\Runtime\Tiling\MinMaxZJob.cs(14,6): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘BurstCompile’ could not be found…
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.7\Runtime\Tiling\RadixSortJob.cs(8,6): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘BurstCompileAttribute’ could not be found…
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.7\Runtime\Tiling\RadixSortJob.cs(8,6): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘BurstCompile’ could not be found…
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.7\Runtime\Tiling\ReorderJob.cs(8,6): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘BurstCompileAttribute’ could not be found…
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.7\Runtime\Tiling\ReorderJob.cs(8,6): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘BurstCompile’ could not be found…
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.7\Runtime\Tiling\SliceCombineJob.cs(8,6): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘BurstCompileAttribute’ could not be found…
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.7\Runtime\Tiling\SliceCombineJob.cs(8,6): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘BurstCompile’ could not be found…
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.7\Runtime\Tiling\SliceCullingJob.cs(10,6): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘BurstCompileAttribute’ could not be found…
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.7\Runtime\Tiling\SliceCullingJob.cs(10,6): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘BurstCompile’ could not be found…

I found a solution.

The answer in this thread solved it for me:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53145919/unity3d-package-cache-errors/69779122

I just close everything and restart windows. after that everything work well.