Recording VR 360 Video from Unity

Hi all. I’m trying to record real-time 360-degree video within my scene (for educational purposes) so that someone on a regular computer/without VR headset could still get an immersive experience through, say, a 360 video on Youtube. The goal would be to record myself walking through the scene and interacting with it (I would be wearing a VR headset).

I’ve tried using the FBCapture SDK, here: GitHub - facebookarchive/360-Capture-SDK: A developer focused sample SDK that allows game and virtual Reality devs to be able to easily and quickly integrate 360 photo/video capture capability into their game apps.

It’s archived, incredibly unstable, and most times does not record successfully; though, in the exceedingly rare scenario it works, it’s exactly what I want. I’ve also tried using a plugin called Helios: Helios | Camera | Unity Asset Store

The notable issue with this plugin is that it’s too inefficient for real-time 360 video recording.

Does anybody have experience with either of these, or know of any sort of alternative I could look into to accomplish my goal? Thank you!

VR Panorama 360 Pro on the asset store has a realtime mode. I’ve only used it to render scenes offline and it works great. I would expect its ‘RT’ mode to work well too - as long as you have the necessary hardware. This is going to be intensive on the GPU.