Reference specific variable from a specific gameObject?

ok so say i have a grid of like 100 cubes and i have a script that gets the object next to the previous grid that is then assigned to a variable. i then have a script that assigns a cube that is under my mouse to a variable how would i get the first variable from that certain cube? here are some scripts to help it make more sense

GuiStart.JS

var hit : RaycastHit;
    var ray = Camera.main.ScreenPointToRay (Input.mousePosition);
      if ( Physics.Raycast( ray, hit, 100 ) ){

if (hit.collider.CompareTag("gridFloor")){
// gridPoint is the cube under mouse i was talking about!
           gridPoint = hit.collider.gameObject;

}
		}

AIWalk.JS

for(var i : int = 0; i < findTotalRows.gridX; i++)
{
	for (var j : int = 0; j < findTotalRows.gridY; j++)
	{
		if(floorMap.map[i,j].name == this.name)
		{
			myX = i;
			myY = j;
		}
	}

}
xNext = myX + 1;
yNext = myY + 1;
xBack = myX - 1;
yBack = myY - 1;

tileUp = floorMap.map[myX,yNext];
tileDown = floorMap.map[myX,yBack];
tileLeft = floorMap.map[xBack,myY];

tileRight = floorMap.map[xNext,myY]; 

these cubes are already put in an array called map[,] by the way

IMPORTANT all variables are showing up in inspector which means they are getting assigned correctly!!!

Based on what I think I understand about your issue, I would recommend this (again):

• Attach the script named GuiStart to an object in your scene named FunkyObject

• Add the following to the top of AIWalk.js:

public var guiStartScript : GuiStart;</pre></code>

<li><p>Attach AIWalk to some object in your scene</p></li>
    <li><p>Select the item AIWalk is attached to by left-clicking it in the Hierarchy</p></li>
    <li><p>Look at the Inspecter and observe a slot named <em>Gui Start Script</em></p></li>
    <li><p>Drag <em>FunkyObject</em> (the item we attached GuiStart to) onto the slot named <em>Gui Start Script</em> in the Inspector</p></li>
    </ul>

<p>You will now be able to access GuiStart's variables and functions in the script named AIWalk.js like this:</p>

<pre><code>if ( guiStartScript != null ) {
        printInfo(guiStartScript.gridPoint.tileRight);
    }

printInfo is a hypothetical name for a function that would "do stuff" to gridPoint.tileRight...

By adding the above line to your AIWalk script, you say this to the compiler:

This script contains a reference to another object that has a GuiStart script attached to it. I can now do whatever I want with the functions and variables associated with that object's GuiStart script.</ul

Ha ha ha… looking back at these old questions gives me a good laugh at how far i have come! still working at unity3D and loving every minute of it thanks to great tools like this and the awesome community surrounding it!