[RELEASED] 2D Handcrafted Art Pack

Hi Everyone
After months of hard work our three first asset are released on the AssetStore.

Let us know what you want to see next! Either use the poll or by typing in the forum thread.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
2D Desert Pack - Handcrafted Art
BUY NOW!

________________________________________________________________________________________________
2D Jungle Pack - Handcrafted Art
BUY NOW!

2D Under water Pack - Handcrafted Art
BUY NOW!

2D Graveyard Pack - Handcrafted Art
BUY NOW!

2D Lava Land - Handcrafted Art
BUY NOW!

2D Microcosm Pack - Handcrafted Art
BUY NOW!

Enjoy ;)

2234919--148956--BuddahWatermarked.png
2234919--148957--FlowerWatermarked.png
2234919--148958--plants6Watermarked.png
2234919--148959--TreeWatermarked.png
2234919--148960--Scene.png

1 Like

Just beautiful

1 Like

[quote=“b4c5p4c3”, post:2, topic: 592171]
Just beautiful
[/quote]
Thanks. Your feedback means a lot to us. Is there anything in particular you would want to see in this asset?

[quote=“Robiwan”, post:3, topic: 592171]
Thanks. Your feedback means a lot to us. Is there anything in particular you would want to see in this asset?
[/quote]

I’d like to see variations (snow, desert, etc). The problem many art packs have is that you can’t make a complete game with them because the game look becomes repetitive.

Also if you can make your art blend with other big 2d packs in the store it will be even better. (ex. https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/14900 )

1 Like

[quote=“b4c5p4c3”, post:4, topic: 592171]
I’d like to see variations (snow, desert, etc). The problem many art packs have is that you can’t make a complete game with them because the game look becomes repetitive.

Also if you can make your art blend with other big 2d packs in the store it will be even better. (ex. https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/14900 )
[/quote]
Wow, you most be reading my mind. First of our next version will be of desert, and secondly the asset you linked to is our inspiration for creating this asset. We actually contacted the owner of that asset to see if we could do something together. We also decided to have our first pack a jungle theme so it could fit this package which is forest theme.

Our challenge here is that we don’t want to look like copy cats, but it’s really hard balancing the “art blend” and just coping.

Here is another screen made by our asset

2238578--149304--ScreenArtAsset.png

Great job. When do you plan to release the asset??? Any estimated price?

1 Like

We hope to have it finished by the end of next week, but given it's our first asset on the asset store its hard to tell. As for pricing we hope to reach the level of quality to justify a price of $40. Been playing a little Ori and The Blind Forrest as well as Rayman to get some inspiration. So we adding a few new asset such as big lianas and stuff like that, I think we are about 100 assets now

On our demo level of this asset we are going to use music by John Leonard French, really good composer for game music. Check out his asset here: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/publisher/2478

Please note that we will only use his music in the demo scene at it will not be included in our asset

2252496--150540--Airlevel.png

To show the varity of what you can build with our Asset, here is a "sky level"

Anyone want to give some feedback on our demolevel: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36531423/JungleLevel1/JungleLevel1.html We are finished with the package and are currently uploading it. Remaining is QA/testing and release to AssetStore, which we hope to have done by the end of this week

@Robiwan , your graphic style look awesome! Can you made some level like Super Smash Bros style too?

1 Like

@arkhament Thanks for the feedback. Glad you like the graphics!

The style of this example level is more dark, but we trying to build a graphic asset that can be used for a lot of varieties, here is an example of a more "happy" style more in the lines of Rayman and Nintendo:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36531423/JungleLevel2/JungleLevel2.html
Please let me know what you think

I don't like the black borders in this tree i think is doesn't mathc with the rest of the vegetation

And also i'd like to see more vegetation to decorate the "terrain" like in this picture from K4 Manufactura's assets

@b4c5p4c3 Thanks for your feedback. We are currently working on a new revision on the trees without the black boarder, either it will make revision 1.0 if not it will be in 1.1.

As for the vegetation, will look into adding more of it in our demo scene. We surely have enough of asset to spread out to make it look in the same way.

Here is a short summary of most of the content:
- 29 Types of threes, trunks and branches
- 24 Platform elements
- 17 Different plants
- 20 Lianas and vines
- 9 Mushrooms
- 9 Backgrounds
- 7 Stones
- 9 Leafs (Perfect for particle effects)
- 12 Prefabs
- 1 Moon

Better, right?
2269584--152097--Level1_tree.png

Very cool :smile:

1 Like

We how now sent the Jungle Pack to review. Our first asset on the AssetStore, fingers crossed for approval on first attempt. We are almost finished with drawing all the art for the second package which is for desert, here are some teasers from that package:

2271505--152259--skull1.png
2271505--152260--mount2.jpg
2271505--152261--platform_small1.png

1 Like

Currently we have drawn Jungle and Desert, any wishes for the next one?

[quote=“Robiwan”, post:19, topic: 592171]
Currently we have drawn Jungle and Desert, any wishes for the next one?
[/quote]

I’d like to see some snow, water and lava