Removing Same Item Multiple Times From List

So, I’ve been making a building game, but now what I want to do is, whenever I build something (wall/floor/stairs) I want to remove the required “Wood” from inventory, So for example, if I build a floor, I need 2 Wood, and if I have 2 or more Wood in inventory, I want to make it so that it removes 2 Wood from inventory at the same time, but in a cleaner script. Dont want to be doing 'list.Remove(wood); list.Remove(Wood); It’s hard to explain, but feel free to ask any more questions about it!!

public Inventory inv;
public Item material;
public void Build()
    {
        //gets object with the script 'buildghost' as it requires to know if the object is able to be built or not (it checks this through triggers)
        BuildGhost PO = assetVisual.GetComponent<BuildGhost>();

if (enoughResources)
        {
            if (PO.IsBuildable)
            {
                //Builds object if current object is enabled.
                Instantiate(currentAsset.AssetObject, currentPos, Quaternion.Euler(currentRot));
                inv.items.Remove(material);
                inv.items.Remove(material);
            }
        }
    }

for(int i = 0; i < requiredWood; i++){
inv.items.Remove(wood);
}

Note that you should validate that the player actually has enough wood. I would consider using a dictionary that uses the material as the key, and the number the player has as a value. ex:

Dictionary<material, int> playerInventory = new Dictionary<material, int>();

if(playerInventory.ContainsKey(wood) && playerInventory[wood] > requiredWood){
      playerInventory[wood] -= wood;
      //instantiate go here
}

Make sure to check if it contains the key before checking if there is enough. It throws errors if you try to access a value that does not have an associated key.