Request error (error): UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient:Done(State, Int32)

Been getting this error in the editor console last 2 days in 5.5.1 (not running code at the time)

It is an asset store related error looking at log (happens on project search),
Unity server trouble? It should not throw an error pausing anything running in Unity - surely a warning only?:

UnityEditor.AssetStoreClient:ParseContent(AsyncHTTPClient) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\AssetStore\AssetStoreClient.cs:653)
UnityEditor.<WrapJsonCallback>c__AnonStorey1:<>m__0(AsyncHTTPClient) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\AssetStore\AssetStoreClient.cs:623)
UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient:smile:one(State, Int32) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\AsyncHTTPClient.cs:198)
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssetStore/AssetStoreClient.cs Line: 653)

Error performing Asset Store search: Failed to open connection to localhost:9312: Connection refused... ConnectRetries exceed...Refresh: detecting if any assets need to be imported or removed ... Refresh: elapses 0.063159 seconds (Nothing changed)

bug # 886943

2 Likes

I have a fix:

Edit -> Preferences -> DISABLE Show Asset Store Search Hits
Then close Unity and any text editors you're using with unity. And open them up again.

The error should be gone.

75 Likes

Yes thanks, found that also in the end - but hope Unity stop it showing an error when their server is playing up as in the editor it is not clear what the error relates to

also happens in 5.4.4

I get this error in 5.5.3f1 and also got it in 5.6.1f1

I also get this error in 5.3.1p2

Thanks for help ! Now error not appear any more

2 Likes

Just received the error with Unity 2017.1.0f1

1 Like

This is annoying. 5.6.2p3

1 Like

same here !

same

Hey guys, this issue has been reported: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/error-when-searching-by-type-in-the-project-browser :)

1 Like

Thanks, this solves my error!

1 Like

Thanks

2 Likes

Same problem here.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION

In Windows look if the files outside ASSET folder are in "write only" for your user. [the file, not the folder]
Edit the settings on all your files to WRITE for your user in Windows after a new installation, migration, cloning disk, new user, or changing the user name. Next time for the user name does not use strange letters as for example Ñ.
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/take-ownership-windows-8

1 Like

Thank you very much for this solution!

Was having this in 5.3.5 - rsaamar's solution fixed it for me too - thanks.

Getting it too using 5.5.3 Glad to know its easy fix