Resizing button with script, wrong anchor!

So I’m trying to resize a button depending on the screen size and aspect ratio, which isn’t really the problem. The problem is that in the editor I set my button’s anchor to center but when resized with a script, it folds back unto the bottom left corner, which ultimately makes the button move away from its spot.
In this example i’m using localscale but I tried with rectTransform.sizeDelta too and the same thing happened.

My question is, how do I get the button to resize on itself instead of bottom left?
Does it have anything to do with the anchor?

Here’s what I got right now :

const float ratio = 1.777777777777778f;
	    float w = Screen.width;
		float h = Screen.height;
		float dif = w / h;
		float CalculatedHeight = w / ratio ;
		float CalculatedWidth = h * ratio ;

float CalculatedWidthB=w/1024f;
		float CalculatedHeightB=h/768f;
		Transform SBt= GameObject.Find ("StartButton").transform;
		Image SBi = GameObject.Find ("StartButton").GetComponent<Image> ();
        RectTransform t = GameObject.Find ("MainMenuOff").transform as RectTransform;

if (dif<=1.777777777777778f) {
			SBi.color=Color.red;
			SBt.localScale=new Vector3(t.localScale.x*CalculatedWidthB,t.localScale.y*CalculatedHeightB,t.localScale.z);
			GameObject.Find ("StartButton").GetComponent<Image>().rectTransform.position=new Vector2(t.position.x-(SBdim.x/2f),((t.position.y)-(SBdim.y/2f)+(CalculatedHeight/2)*0.66f));

} else {
            SBt.localScale=new Vector3(t.localScale.x*CalculatedWidthB,t.localScale.y*CalculatedHeightB,t.localScale.z);
			GameObject.Find ("StartButton").GetComponent<Image>().rectTransform.position=new Vector2(t.position.x-(SBdim.x/2f),((t.position.y)-(SBdim.y/2f)+(Screen.height/2)*0.66f));
			SBi.color=Color.green;
		}

I’m sorry if things don’t make too much sense or if the code isn’t clean, i’ve been tinkering with this script for awhile trying to debug problems and I just pasted stuff in there so that snippet would actually be somewhat complete.

Right now if I put that in update and remove the scaling, my button does stay on target no matter the aspect ratio but as soon as I re-enable the resize code, it goes off target pretty easily.

Set your RectTransform to this:

alt text

You can copy the values for the Anchors and Pivot but you can also click on the anchor icon and press ALT + SHIFT and click on the center choice to make this happen.