I have been getting this error and would love some help fixing it!
I am trying to integrate Google Play Games into my Unity project. When I build an APK and attempt to log in, I get a class not found exception:
I think this may be due to the fact that the External Dependency Manager is failing to resolve, giving the error in this question’s title:
Failed to fetch the following dependencies:
- Unity 2020.3.35f1 w/ built-in JDK, SDK, and Gradle
- Google Play Games 11.01
- Firebase Auth & Firestore 9.1
- Unity’s debug key for my unpublished app (the app is set up with the debug key in the Google Play Console)
- Upgrading my Unity from 2020.3.25 to .3.35
- Using a custom Proguard file
- Downloading JDK 1.8 from Oracle and using that instead of the built-in
- Re-importing the Google Play Games plugin after importing all the firebase plugins
- Ensured that
spec="com.google.games:gpgs-plugin-support:0.11.01"is in my GooglePlayGamesPluginDependencies.xml.
Any ideas or help that anyone can offer? It seems a few people have similar issues but said issues never get resolved. (or when a solution is offered it doesn’t work)