I am troubleshooting the Unity integration for the Project Tango development kit (tablet), however, with limited success. I have enabled USB debugging, installed relevant Android APIs, checked adb, set sdk folder in Unity, etc., but still I cannot control the camera with the device pose in Unity, not to mention the point cloud or other examples. Moreover, the unity examples will only compile in Unity 5 - with some errors - but not at all in Unity 4.6. I appreciate any advice you can offer. Thanks.
The issue you’re having is related to the length of the filename, and is a Windows issue as far as I know. When I originally downloaded the example projects in a zip folder, I also ran across this issue if I tried to unzip with the Window’s default unzipping program.
Anyways, moving the project to a place with a shorter path, for example, directly in C:, will resolve those issues. I am still having trouble getting the project to build after resolving those errors though.
Sorry, I should have updated my query
Current working solution for:
-MeshBuilder example project
-Augmented Reality example project
- Go to Point Cloud Example project in Unity
- Go to Assets Menu → Export package → export ‘Plugins’ folder
- Open Augmented Reality (or MeshBuilder Example project)
- Export everything, BUT plugins folder
- Import exported packages from step 2 and 4 into new project
- Assuming you have already set up ‘project settings’ and ‘external tools’ correctly, the example projects should compile and push to your Tango device (if you’ve selected “Build & Run”)