I have an object (Player) who is falling from a tree. Now when the object hits a concerned object, I want the player to move around the tree. At this time, the control is disabled from the player. Before hitting the concerned object, the camera is placed to the top of the GObject and it follows it during it’s journey. Now it has to snap to the GObject (Player) before take-off. We could disable the GObject untill the journey is finished.
Upon hitting an object, the camera has to come to the player and he has to fly around the area. The area
is defined by the radius from the center (trunk).
It is just a round-a-bout around the trunk of the tree. The ride is the experience of a journey around the tree. There is a start and that journey ends at certain point. That end could be based of time or a position. Once it ends it’s journey, the camera re-positions itself.
- There is a trunk at the center. Hence he cannot pass through the trunk.
- Area of Radius ‘r’. i.e. He can travel between the radius ‘r’ from the center and can’t pass thro’ the trunk.
- The Player usually is falling down. Hence upon obtaining this, he has to go up & not down.
- The ‘path’ of travel has to be defined during runtime.
Possible Solutions/ Problems :
- Use Prime31’s Go Kit.
- When the camera zooms to the player, the player disappears and the camera flies around. It then checks the final position. How do I zoom in? I cannot use Lerp or Slerp as they might be really slow to snap to the player before take-off.
- Once it reaches the final position, it re-position itself to have the GObject back in view.
Thank you and I would like to know if I have missed any information to make things comprehend-able.