Roll A Ball- "All compiler errors have to be fixed before you can enter playmode!"

I’m trying to do the Roll A Ball tutorial but I’m stuck at moving your player. I have programmed before and I am positive there is nothing wrong with my code. I will post it below. It’s just the basic first code that the tutorial has you set up to move the ball right after it has you set the speed (note: It didn’t work before I added the code for the speed but I wanted to jump start and add it anyway). Any help would be so appreciated! I want to finish this and keep learning!!!

using UnityEngine;
using System.Collections;

public class PlayerController : MonoBehaviour 
{
	public float speed;

void FixedUpdate ()
	{
		float moveHorizontal = Input.GetAxis("Horizontal");
		float moveVertical = Input.GetAxis("Vertical");

Vector3 movement = new Vector3(moveHorizontal, 0.0f, moveVertical);

Rigidbody.AddForce(movement * speed * Time.deltaTime);
	}
}

Thanks!!

I am positive there is nothing wrong
with my code

If I had a dime for every time someone made this claim on this list when there was issues with the code… :wink:

One problem that jumps out at me is on line 8, ‘Rigidbody’ with an upper case ‘R’ should be ‘rigidbody’ with a lower case ‘r’. ‘Rigidbody’ is the class. ‘rigidbody’ is a Unity provided short-cut variable that gets the rigidbody component on the game object. You will see this kind of thing in Unity: Transform vs transform, Collider vs collider, Renderer vs renderer… And the auto correction of Monodevelop makes this issue worse since it often changes things like transform to Transform to “help” you.