Rotation to a vector3 for camera

n00b stuff, sorry.

I'm trying to get a camera script to follow a rigidbody's direction of inertia (so the camera wont spin out with the object)

My question is---
Is dampened rotation toward a velocity vector from a rigidbody (rather than the transform) going to cause any bizarre behavior, or be super slow?

If it's okay, what is a good way to convert a world space vector3 (velocity) into a quaternion to rotate towards?

Using the Smooth Follow Script has caused some severe jitter--so i'd like to avoid that too--I haven't discovered the cause yet, except it's probably something in the lerping (based on fiddling with the dampening settings)

http://unity3d.com/Documentation/ScriptReference/Transform.LookAt.html

Is this what your looking to do?

Cheers,

You want to enable interpolation on the rigidbody the camera is follwing to avoid the jitter.

Awesome, thanks, joachim

I was under the impression 'look at' looked at a point in world space.

I need it to align with a vector ( a point in space assuming the origin is always the camera i guess...)

Maybe i'll just add the velocity vector to the camera's position vector and see what happens.

Still quite bumpy at high velocity--

It seems to be directly related to the height dampening--as i'm changing height constantly.

I'm going to experiment locking distance

The jerkiness can also be a sign of what order the math is done before updating the camera.

fixedUpdate()
Update()
LateUpdate()

Cheers,