Scene Management and TouchPhase controls

Hello all. I am doing some beginning Unity lessons and not finding what may be causing this behavior.

I am running through one of the prototype lessons for running and jumping and converting it to the Mobile touch controls from the normal key downs. In single scene builds things operate as I would expect where a simple touch to the screen makes the force apply and the player character jump. I am now attempting to incorporate the SceneManagement lessons to make it so I can do varied levels with different assets, music, etc. and have a Game Over restart option in the game. When testing things operate correctly on the first play through. However, when the GameOver event occurs and the scene is restarted either from the game over event or a new level is started from the Main Menu button options section the input from the screen touch seems to only input half the force to the jump. This continues on restarts and goes half each time. I think there may be something I need to be cleaning up and resetting but I am not figuring it out. When restarting/changing scenes is there something I need to do to the TouchPhase controls?

This is the script for applying the force:
if ((IsScreenTapped())
{
playerRb.AddForce(Vector3.up * jumpForce, ForceMode.Impulse);
}
}
private bool IsScreenTapped()
{
if (Input.touchCount > 0)
{
Touch touch = Input.GetTouch(0);
if (touch.phase == TouchPhase.Began)