Scene view too dark

After updating unity from 2017.1.0f3 to 2017.1.1f1 the scene view became way too dark. Much darker than the game view. Nothing has been changed in the project settings or anywhere else for that matter. It wasn’t like this before the update.

Has anyone else experienced something like this before? It’s really annoying

I had this problem, resolved by turning off HDR on ALL cameras in the scene

Unity 2017.1.1f1

Same problem - just upgraded to 2017.1.1 - scene view brightness went down to about 50% of what it was. It’s possible to work around the problem by doubling the sun (main direction light) brightness while editing, or by switching off the scene view lighting using the little “sun” button at the top of the scene view, in which case a default light is attached to the scene view.

Edit: I render the scene using multiple cameras (due to having different post effects applying to each, long story). If I remove “Enable HDR” from the first camera, the editor view returns to normal, while having no negative impact on the overall game view.

EIther:

a) check in Window->lighting → ambient color to make it lighter

b) re-import the whole project if it’s to do with GI

same problem here, if I activate ‘allow HDR’ on the main camera, the Scene view darkens significantly (but the Game view is ok)

Yep, getting this here also on 2017.1.1f1, any time there’s a camera loaded with HDR on the scene view is way too dark.

Edit: Downgraded to 2017.1.0f3 and it’s gone, so I’ll wait for a patch.

Yep I’m having the same problem with 2017.1.1f1. Hope it’s patched in the next release.

yeah got the same issue can be reproduced in a blank new scene by just toggeling the allow HDR checkbox on the camera ! FIX PLEASE ^^

I think that I have a related problem.

In my case, the bug remained in the editor and did not go into the build. The unity editor produces darker colors than the build.

it is broken for me in 2018.1.6