Serialize class with generic Dictionary that holds custom class objects

I just can't get this to work. I want to serialize a class that holds a generic Dictionary which holds custom class objects. Here's a piece of code to show what I mean.

public class EditorData : ScriptableObject
{

[System.Serializable]

public class ObjectData
    {
        public SubObjectData[]      listSubObjectData           = null;
    }

[System.Serializable]

public class SubObjectData
    {
        public System.Reflection.FieldInfo[]    listFieldInfos  = null;
        public System.Object[]                  listValues      = null;
    }

public System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary<System.String, ObjectData> m_listObjectData    = new System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary<System.String, ObjectData>( );
}

I tried serializing the dictionary of the EditorData object by myself using a BinaryFormatter but always got the error that the class System.Reflection.MonoField isn't marked as Serializable.

Then I tried saving the EditorData object as asset with AssetDatabase.CreateAsset, but when I restart Unity and load the asset, the dictionary is empty.

Any suggestions, hints, cake?

Unfortunattely Unity's built in serialization system doesn't support serializing System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary right now. As a workaround, you can store your data in two List<>'s one with keys and one with values, and "stich them together" in an Awake() function.

Check this post for more details: http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/1559/edit-and-continue-scripting-destroys-current-state/1583#1583