Setting button.onClick.AddListener saids: InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.

I’m trying to make something common static class with js named MessageBox.
I’m just gonna want to passing a function(callback) as second parameter and attach it into button.onClick.AddListener.

This is the code:

import UnityEngine.UI;

public static class MessageBox extends MonoBehaviour {
    private var ui: GameObject = GameObject.Find('UI');
    private var messageBox: GameObject = ui.transform.GetChild(0).gameObject;
    private var messageBoxText: GameObject = messageBox.transform.GetChild(0).gameObject;
    private var messageBoxOk: GameObject = messageBox.transform.GetChild(1).gameObject;

public function Show(text: String, onClickHandler: Function) {
        messageBox.SetActive(true);
        messageBoxText.GetComponent.<Text>().text = text;
        messageBoxOk.GetComponent.<Button>().onClick.AddListener(onClickHandler);
    }
}

As you can see, variable onClickHandler is a function, and it’s used for AddListener on button to catch click event.

This is the code where execute MessageBox.Show:

function Update() {
    if(Input.GetKeyDown('space')) {
        MessageBox.Show('Helloworld', function() {
            Debug.Log('Pressed OK');
        });
    }
}

I’m passing seconds parameter as function, and it just print some text on the console. But when it runs, it fails with this error message:

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
MessageBox.Show (System.String text, ICallable onClickHandler) (at Assets/Scripts/Global/MessageBox.js:12)
Player.Update () (at Assets/Scripts/Player.js:15)

If I add a function inside of MessageBox class and using on button.onClick.AddListener, it’s working without any error. Error is only occurs when I passing a function from another script, Player.js as above simple script that checks space pressed and show MessageBox.

I tried everything I can, not using anonymous function, removing type on onClickHandler to accept any kind of data nothing seems to be work.

I think the syntax is right, but why it doesn’t work?

I solved this with specify as function():void, not Function. I’m quite confusing about data types in Unity JavaScript, I have to read the documentation.

Anyway if someone faced same problem of this, this is the code what am I did:

public function Show(text: String, onClickHandler: function():void) {
    messageBox.SetActive(true);
    messageBoxText.GetComponent.<Text>().text = text;
    messageBoxOk.GetComponent.<Button>().onClick.AddListener(onClickHandler);
}

And this is caller:

MessageBox.Show('Helloworld', function() {
    console.log('Pressed OK');
});