I’m using Unity 4.5, and I’m unable to run my compiled project due to the above error found in the log file. I’ve come across this error before, and I have determined a number of possible causes:
- Two scripts with the same name - with or without different file extensions
- A serializable class that derives from an abstract class, with that abstract class not marked serializable
- Missing script errors in GameObjects or prefabs
- MonoBehaviour/ScriptableObject derived classes not being in their own file with a name the same as the name of the class
- Classes with the same name as an existing Unity class
I have checked and double checked all these conditions and re-imported all assets, to no avail. My project is currently a single scene with a reasonable amount of content, and an awful lot of code.
Does anyone have any ideas?