shooting script wont work

this is my script that should make my weapon fire but in the console bar at the bottom an error comes up saying unexpected token: }. im hopeless with scripting so could someone please write me another one or correct me?

heres my script.

var projectile : Rigidbody; var speed = 20; function Update() } if( Input.GetButtonDown( "Fire1" ) ) }

var instantiatedProjectile : Rigidbody = Instantiate(
projectile, transform.position, transform.rotation );
instantiatedProjectile.velocity =
transform.TransformDirection( Vector3( 0, 0, speed ) );
Physics.IgnoreCollision( instantiatedProjectile. collider,
transform.root.collider );
{

It helps if you place the code in the 'code' format (the 101010 icon in the post) - it puts people off the post when its not in the correct format. Anywhoo, this should work:

var projectile : Rigidbody; 
var speed = 20; 

function Update() {
if( Input.GetButtonDown( "Fire1" ) ){

var instantiatedProjectile : Rigidbody = Instantiate( projectile, transform.position, transform.rotation ); 

instantiatedProjectile.velocity = transform.TransformDirection( Vector3( 0, 0, speed ) ); 

Physics.IgnoreCollision( instantiatedProjectile. collider, transform.root.collider );
}
}

Your code look right, but i noticed that your brackets are facing the wrong way like so:

function Update

{

//Type stuff here :) <--- that is how it should look.

}

function Update

}

//This is the wrong way. <--- your brackets are turning the wrong way. That seems to be the problem. :)

{

Hoped that helped :)

tnx Oliver the script works fine except for 1 thing the bullets spawn, But they dont go on the right angle when you play en you see the guns (the P90`s) shoot but the bullet go`s left instead of going straight away. can you help me out tnx greats wesley