Simulator crash after adding UI elements

We are attempting to test our project in polyspatial unbounded mode, and are getting a crash in the simulator when adding UI elements to a simple scene that only contains a light, volume and regular cameras, and a sphere mesh.

• Without the UI, the scene runs as expected
  • With only a canvas object, the scene also runs fine
  • Adding either a TMP or image object to the UI will create the crash
  • The crash seems to happen even if the UI object is disabled in the hierarchy.
  • The same scene setup works fine in the template project and another test project, the issue only happens in the main project we are trying to port, so it seems something related to our project is causing this.
  • Using Unity 2022.3.11f1, URP, issue occurs with both 0.4.3 and 0.5.0

Here are the last few lines of the console output:

WARNING: RGBA Compressed ASTC6X6 sRGB format is not supported, decompressing texture
WARNING: RGBA Compressed ASTC6X6 sRGB format is not supported, decompressing texture
[Platform]     Mip: offset: 0 size: 216568 bytesPerRow: 1012
[Platform] Texture data conversion required for 8826c2af-3649-4db1-b62e-e2b41e5bcddf: UnityGraphicsFormat(rawValue: 3) -> UnityGraphicsFormat(rawValue: 4).  Not supported yet, falling back to readback.
[Platform] Failed to upload NativeTexture: 8826c2af-3649-4db1-b62e-e2b41e5bcddf
Volume added: id 68216 (desired: Unbounded)
[Platform] Entity 1409286144:5132105 not found
PolySpatialRealityKit/PolySpatialImplUtils.swift:52: Fatal error: Entity 1409286144:5132105 not found
PolySpatialRealityKit/PolySpatialImplUtils.swift:52: Fatal error: Entity 1409286144:5132105 not found

Here is part of the stacktrace:

Our project is very large, so I wanted to check in the forums first before filing a bug report. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hey @pknndy ! We are having similiar issues with our UI (see this [post](https://discussions.unity.com/t/fatal-error-with-canvas-and-child-object/311042/6)) and I wanted to know if you ever found out what caused these “Entity not found” errors at your side. If you found any workarounds to use your existing UI elements in your project I would love to hear them :wink:

@mml Unfortunately we have not found a solution to the issue so far.

I can confirm that our issues have been fixed with version 0.6.3. Maybe yours have been as well @pknndy