Smooth out choppy Profiler feedback?

Hi folks, I’m hoping I don’t have to download fraps to properly explain my issue here. I don’t think anything is broken, per-se, but the Profiler window is acting funny and it has begun to inhibit me.

Right now, when I run my game in the editor and open up the Profiler, it updates with all of the info (as it should), but the info comes in at what I can only describe as a 10fps, jagged, feed. I thought this was normal until I realized that changing the window size, dragging the window, or even CLICKING on the window (rapidly) smooths out the feedback coming in to a much smoother 60+ fps. The readout looks beautiful and fluid, up until I’ve stopped actively clicking or moving it around.

What’s going on?

I’m pretty sure they update the profiler window at 2 fps on purpose. Redrawing the profiler eats a lot cpu power, which would probably affect the results quite a bit. Of course when you create additional GUI events like clicking / resizing it forces a redraw of the window. This is the same behaviour you can see in a lot native windows applications.

I’m a bit confused why this is important? You usually stop the game at some point when you want to inspect something. It isn’t ment to “look beautiful” :wink: It’s only important to have correct values.

I know this is an old question but i always wanted to do this

using UnityEditor;
using UnityEngine;
[CustomEditor (typeof(Repaint))]
public class repMe:Editor {
	void OnEnable() { EditorApplication.update += Update; }
     void OnDisable() { EditorApplication.update -= Update; }
	 EditorWindow profiler;
     void Update()
     {
		 if(!profiler){
			 Searching();