Few days ago, I’ve got a big, half-done project (again).
Having spent hours of trying to understand what the project is about and how the things are related with each other, I told myself that there should be some effective solution for this.
- On AssetStore, I found RelationshipInspector, but it seems to be way too complex for me
- Also, I tried Unity Editor Find Dependencies feature, but it wasn’t that useful.
That was exactly the same reason we created our own solution. Basically, it made the opposite thing to Unity Editor “Select Dependencies” feature - Find Usages.
Yet few months after, it underwent major transformation and is now capable of:
- showing particular fields that are using the asset (both Project and Scene searches available)
- searching usages of Textures, Scenes, Scripts, Prefabs, Materials, Sprites, Shaders…
- bringing you simple interface so you can start right after an import
- replacing particular asset usage with another
Asset Store link:
EDIT: Asset got another massive upgrade (v3.0) and now is more than 20x faster than v2.0, making you an absolute project ninja!
It saved us days of ineffective work on a new project. Hope you’ll love it too!
Hi! what about this one (Find Reference 2)? I’m using it for the same reason and after few hours of learning it’s quite OK