[SOLVED] How to select multiple game objects in Scene view? (shift and control buttons not working)

Hi All, I hope this hasn’t been asked already, but I did have a look first. Basically I would like to select multiple game objects at once

In my Hierarchy if I click on one game object and then hold shift/control and click another game object, I am able to select multiple game objects at once.

However in my Scene View this doesn’t work. If I try it I cannot select more than one game object.

Strangely enough if I open an older version of unity (2019.2.11f1) it works. I’m currently running unity 2019.3.0f6

First time posting, will appreciate any help I can get

Shift as well as Control Selecting works for me in Game-scene in Unity 2019.3.3f1, not sure if it’s really a problem with your specific version.

Can you select the element as single ones? Because maybe it could be covered, sometimes had similar problems, when e.g. a transparent part of the UI-canvas covered the actual GameObject, which i tried to select.

I am having this same issue in both 2019.4.17f1 and 2020.2.1f1. In fact, I hoped that upgrading would solve the problem, but it didn’t. There are no overlapping elements, so nothing could be covering up the game objects. I am able to select one but not multiple using either ctrl or shift. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.