Some Blackboard Variables non-functional

I’m having some issues with Blackboard variables. I went through and checked each one to get a list together. I was trying to save an object’s location to a vector3 so I could move it back later.

Blackboard Variables that function as expected:
GameObject,
Float,
Enum,
String,
Int,
Double,
Boolean.

Blackboard Variables that don’t seem to function correctly:
Vector2 - Does not display value in inspector. Setting value in Node does nothing?
Vector3 - Does not display value in inspector. Setting value in Node does nothing?
Vector4 - Does not display in inspector at all. Does not display correctly in Behavior Graph. Setting value, doesn’t appear to do anything though I can’t confirm.
Color - Does not display value in inspector. Setting value in Node does nothing?

Behavior Graph

Inspector, before play mode.
Screenshot 2023-12-07 090622

Inspector during Play mode.

Screenshot 2023-12-07 090659

Hi @neorocke ! I’m sorry about this. Also looks like some really bad UI issues there. Can you please confirm which version of Unity this is on?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Unity version 2023.2.2f1 .

Damn, something must’ve gone wrong with some of the styling fixes and we’ve missed it! Me or my colleague will look, although we’re all technically on vacation :see_no_evil: I’ll try and get it done anyway if I can! Otherwise hopefully next week

Hi @neorocke , I’ve got a fix in for the serialisation depth issue and I’m now looking at this issue, both the styling and missing inspector values.

I fixed the way the variables show inside the graph and graph inspector, I’m now looking into the gameobject inspector tab!

Edit: Inspector tab is also fixed now!

I’ll try and get 0.5.7 published asap :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m really impressed with the support.

I’m glad we can fix those things and I’m sorry these were missed in the first place! I’ll post a reply once it’s gone through publishing :slight_smile:

1 Like

FYI I asked release management to publish 0.5.7 but I think they’re out for the day. I’ll let you know once they did it, it might be Monday, sorry!

0.5.7 is now available! :slight_smile:

1 Like