Some inquiries about the BlazeFace template

First I want to say that I appreciate the work that the Unity team is doing in making Sentis more accessible by providing examples.
I’ve tried the sentis blazeface template from hugging face and I have a few inquiries about it if that’s fine.

1- If I use GPUPixel as the backend for the model worker, the face detection works but the 6 keypoints aren’t detected. Could it be that there are some layers that won’t work on GPUPixel? (though I read in the documentation that Sentis can fall back to other backend types to execute the layers)

2- When I deploy to WebGL (with the GPUPixel backend) I get the following error:

Could not find a part of the path "/http:/localhost:8000/StreamingAssets/blazeface.sentis"

Even though i can access the url of blazeface.sentis from the browser’s address bar. I also get a weird division by 0 error, though it works fine in play mode in the editor.

3- Is there a plan to integrate face mesh/landmarks? If not, can you give some pointers or recommendations on how to do it?

Thank you.

This is known internally as Tasks 433 and 434.

1 Like

Hi @JoeAN .

1. We will look into the GPUPixel. If the landmarks aren’t being detected this will be a bug that we need to fix.
  2. You can try to use the alternative method of putting the ONNX file on a public ModelAsset model field and the using using ModelLoader.Load(model).
  3. We plan to have an example of the face mesh on Hugging Face in the next few weeks (probably sooner).
3 Likes

Hey PaulBUnity, i have one quick question. Does the GPU on iPads work for this or only PCs?

Yes, it should work on iPads.

1 Like