Something odd about adding listener to a button

I have a simple setup where I want to add listeners to buttons with parameters so that they open a video in a list. This is the code:

for (int i = 0; i < videoClips.Count; i++) {
	GameObject newBtn = Instantiate(btnPrefab, btnHolder);
	newBtn.GetComponent<Button>().onClick.AddListener(() => { OpenVideo(i); });

// int k = i;
	// newBtn.GetComponent<Button>().onClick.AddListener(() => { OpenVideo(k); });

newBtn.transform.GetChild(0).GetComponent<TextMeshProUGUI>().text = videoClips[i].name;
}

Weirdly enough the parameter that I pass into the OpenVideo(int i) always seems to be equal to the length of the videoClips list if I try to pass in i in the AddListener for All the buttons. The commented version where I make a new int k = i work as intended however… I do not understand why this behaviour is happening.

The answer is pretty much related to lambda capture , look it up , but basically the lambda keeps a “reference” to i , even while it’s incrementing and once you call your button , it will call the “last captured value”

Apparently, it has to do with Closing over the loop variable with the lambda function. If curious some details are in the following thread.
https://forum.unity.com/threads/button-onclick-addlistener-acting-weirdly-when-looping-in-for-loop.402608/