Space Missle Physics - Adding source force to instantiated missle?

Hell,
I’m trying to instantiate a “missle” from a ship and have the ship’s force or velocity (This may be my problem) to the missle.
The current code works, but if the ship is in motion the missle will instantiate without the ships speed and create this “lagging” affect as if there is wind drag on the missle.

private void fireMissle(){

if(Input.GetButton("Fire2")){

GameObject target =  getTarget();

misTimer = 2f;

float offset = .3f;

float rotY = transform.rotation.eulerAngles.y;

Vector3 rMisslePos2 = new Vector3(transform.position.x + Mathf.Cos(Mathf.Deg2Rad * rotY) * offset, 
		                                  transform.position.y, 
		                                  transform.position.z - Mathf.Sin(Mathf.Deg2Rad * rotY)* offset);
		Vector3 lMisslePos2 = new Vector3(transform.position.x - Mathf.Cos(Mathf.Deg2Rad * rotY) * offset, 
		                                  transform.position.y, 
		                                  transform.position.z + Mathf.Sin(Mathf.Deg2Rad * rotY)* offset);

Rigidbody rMissle = Instantiate(missle, rMisslePos2, transform.rotation) as Rigidbody;
		rMissle.GetComponent<MissleScript>().setTarget(target);
		Rigidbody lMissle = Instantiate(missle, lMisslePos2, transform.rotation) as Rigidbody;
		lMissle.GetComponent<MissleScript>().setTarget(target);

Vector3 fwd = transform.TransformDirection(Vector3.forward);

rMissle.AddForce(fwd * power/6);
		lMissle.AddForce(fwd * power/6);
	}
}

If you need more information please let me know.

Thanks in advanced all!!

Well you are adding force the the missiles, but it doesn’t relate to your ship’s speed. So you need to tell it to.

So, when a jet travelling 245.872 m/s (550 miles/hr) and then fires a missile with velocity, the speed of the missile is additive at this point since it is moving with respect to the earth at 245.872 m/s.

So, the speed of the missile when shot at that speed should be jet speed + missile speed. Hopefully, that should help. This is stuff I vaguely remember from Physics.