Spawned objects change in scale

I’m working on a spawn script in C#, in which the spawned objects become a child of the game object (the world, which rotates around). So far I managed to spawn the objects on the right place and also rotate around the world, but the big problem I’m facing now is that the spawned objects become smaller after the first spawn.
Only the first spawned object seems to spawn as they’re meant to. All the following objects become so small that they are no longer or hardly visible in the game scene.

This is what my spawn script looks like right now:

public class Spawner : MonoBehaviour
{
	public GameObject Prefab;
	public Transform[] spawnPoint;
    public Transform myChild;
	public Transform parentObject;

// Use this for initialization
	void Start ()
	{
		StartCoroutine (TimedSpawner ());
	}

void Update ()
	{

}

IEnumerator TimedSpawner ()
	{
		yield return new WaitForSeconds(Random.Range(1, 10)); // Random.Range gaat altijd van laagste tot hoogste getal         

Vector3 spawnLocation = spawnPoint [Random.Range (0, spawnPoint.Length)].position;

myChild = Instantiate (myChild, spawnLocation, Quaternion.identity) as Transform;
		myChild.parent = parentObject;

StartCoroutine (TimedSpawner ());

}
}

Also when I immediately destroy the spawned object I get an error with the following message:

MissingReferenceException: The object of type ‘Transform’ has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
UnityEngine.Object.Internal_InstantiateSingle (UnityEngine.Object data, Vector3 pos, Quaternion rot)
UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate (UnityEngine.Object original, Vector3 position, Quaternion rotation)
Spawner+c__Iterator0.MoveNext () (at Assets/scripts/Spawner.cs:28)

I tried to fix this problem as well, but didn’t seem to find a solution so far.

I’ve been working on fixing this script a whole day now and can’t seem to find the problem(s) myself. I’m pretty new to programming and managed to come this far also thanks to help from others. But right now nobody seems to have time or doesn’t know how to fix this problem.
I really hope someone can help me get through this. Thanks in advance for your time.

It’s surely because you change the initial myChild prefab each time you instantiate it. I suspect that your original prefab as a scale value that is replicated through your spawned objects.

I suggest you to replace this:

myChild = Instantiate (myChild, spawnLocation, Quaternion.identity) as Transform;
myChild.parent = parentObject;

by

Transform newChild = Instantiate (myChild, spawnLocation, Quaternion.identity) as Transform;
newChild.parent = parentObject;

If it doesn’t work, please share the parentObject properties with us.

I hope it helps.
Cheers