spheres not colliding with world

ok the worm sphere is the head the rest are spheres that are my body part ok and the worm part has a movement script and a charaacter controller and a sphere collider and the bodyparts have just a spherecolider becuase thay dont need a script 2 move just the parent becuse the childern follow the parent and do whatever the paretn dose right? well heres the funny thing when i play the game i try like collding with a box or something the worm parts collides but when i turn around i notice that the bodyparts do not collide with any thing even though thay have collider??? what the crap lol…can any one help me thank you ohh ya heres my script two

var jumpSpeed: float = 5.0;
var speed: float = 6.0;
var rotateSpeed: float = 60.0;
var gravity: float = 10.0; // gravity acceleration

private var vSpeed: float = 0; // store vertical speed in a separate variable

function Update ()
{
    var controller : CharacterController = GetComponent(CharacterController);
    // Rotate around y - axis
    transform.Rotate(0, Input.GetAxis ("Horizontal") * rotateSpeed * Time.deltaTime, 0);
    // Move forward / backward
    var curSpeed = speed * Input.GetAxis ("Vertical");
    var moveDir = transform.forward * curSpeed;
    // Jump code
    if (controller.isGrounded){ // if character is grounded...
        vSpeed = 0; // its vert speed is zero
        if (Input.GetButtonDown("Jump"))
        { // but if jump pressed, set it to jumpSpeed
            vSpeed = jumpSpeed;
        }
    }
    // apply gravity acceleration
    vSpeed -= gravity * Time.deltaTime;
    moveDir.y = vSpeed; // include vSpeed in  moveDir
    // moveDir * Time.deltaTime is the displacement since last frame
    controller.Move(moveDir * Time.deltaTime);
}
 @script RequireComponent(CharacterController)

ok i added a photo mayby this could help!!! 0k thats the best i can do

After doing video’s 1-5, and the first part of 9, I can see the problem you are describing. With all spheres having Sphere Colliders, the tail of the worm does go through objects. I even added rigidbody’s with the same result. I think the cause of the problem is the SmoothFollow Script.

Why? Well, the script uses transform.position , so it is directly positioning the object, whether there is another object there or not. This script is for the camera basically, which doesn’t need to consider collisions (well, that’s not true, but the script is basic, so it doesn’t do occlusion, culling, collisions etc).

Without going any further, my suggestion for fixing this at this stage is to make the tail out of rigidbody’s, and use joints instead of script. I guess this tutorial isn’t meant to be perfect, it is just an intro to using Unity, so alot of ‘pro’ considerations like the ones I mentioned above arn’t covered. How far have you got? Made any terrains/levels? Got the turrets working? As I have made it to video 9, I guess I’ll keep going.

SO fair enough, I take back some of the comments I made, as there is a problem you have found. But by similar consideration, without actually doing the project no-one would ever know why you had these problems. Knowing that a script with ‘transform’ in it is attached certainly helps to figuring out why : when with colliders the tail goes through objects. I hope you are happy that I did take time to look into it.