SQL Connection doesn't work in standalone/build

Well hello there once again, for the past few days I managed to make a Script for my MMO which works the following way:

First of all a connection to the Master Server is established (using, Network.Connect)

then the user sees the login/register screen, where he’ll connect to the database and either create a new account or check if the password and username are correct, so that the userID and player data canbe load into the game.

Now my problem: That works all just too well, if I try it out in Unity, but if I build the project and try it out as a standalone .exe it just won’t work…

both sending confirmation email and connecting to the DB doesn’t seem to work in standalone… help :open_mouth:

I finally found the answer myself and thanks to this post: CodePage 1252 not supported - works in editor but not in standalone player - Questions & Answers - Unity Discussions

However, the answer is that there are a bunch of neccessary .DLL files (l18N) who need to be imported into the assets of the project in order to work, I simply copied them from

C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\unity

to a folder in my project called ‘Plugins’ and it works just as well as I hoped to! :slight_smile: