Standalone Windows Build not working

Just created a blank project with unity 2018.3 and built standalone x86_64 executable.
Display Resolution Dialog appears after launching but if i press "Play!" button nothing happens, but game process hangs in Task Manager.

on some fullscreen resolutions (not native 1920x1080 it somehow launches but hangs after Alt+F4)
every windowed resolutions hangs

i have 64 bit Windows 8.1

Tried x86 build - works great

3733471--309568--output_log.txt (715 KB)

Are you using some incompatible entities, burst etc package?

no, even created new empty project and the same happens

The output_log.txt you posted is full of this error:
[quote]
Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak
[/quote]

If you can reproduce the issue even with a new empty project, I would submit a bug-report, following these steps:
https://unity3d.com/unity/beta/guide-to-beta-testing#tab-3

1 Like

[quote=“Raali_Oloth”, post:1, topic: 716532]
Just created a blank project with unity 2018.3 and built standalone x86_64 executable.
Display Resolution Dialog appears after launching but if i press “Play!” button nothing happens, but game process hangs in Task Manager.

on some fullscreen resolutions (not native 1920x1080 it somehow launches but hangs after Alt+F4)
every windowed resolutions hangs

i have 64 bit Windows 8.1

Tried x86 build - works great
[/quote]
Please submit a bug report with minimal reproduction steps and reply in here with the issue ID.

Submitted (Case 1086107)

2 Likes

any update on this?
downloaded alpha 2019.1.0a10 - windows x64 build still not launching

it seems that it cannot be reproduced by QA team.
by the way what can be the root of problem - "Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old"?
maybe it is on graphic driver's side or net framework or something, so i could find out what i have to update on my system

I have found that someone has posted simillar issue, so it seems that it will be fixed https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/standalone-builds-dont-work-when-playing-in-windowed-mode-on-windows-8-dot-1

2 Likes

This is now the most frequently reported bug for us with Unity 2018.3.0f1 RC 1

Our current workaround is to have players hold CTRL to make the configuration dialog appear, then turn off 'Windowed', but only some resolutions will work fullscreen for them. The latest one can only launch in 1280x1024 fullscreen for example.

And we did confirm that 32-bit builds of the game do not have this problem, but we only support 64-bit and would rather not provide a 32-bit build which may run into memory problems.

Is there any extra information I can provide to help with this bug? I can't reproduce it myself, but one of my moderators can reliably reproduce it on his system.

[quote=“Raali_Oloth”, post:8, topic: 716532]
https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...n-playing-in-windowed-mode-on-windows-8-dot-1
[/quote]
We have a fix for this in the pipeline.

2 Likes