"tag" & "if condition with OnTriggerEnter

Hello
I have a collider who’s many objects are going into it. For each object going to the collider, the score is +1.
Now, i want to have the score -1 for a special object.
I’ve tried to separate them with tag, but i have difficult. All object give me yet +1 .
Am I on the good direction? Do you have idea for doing that? Thank you (and sorry for my bad english)

Here my script:

void OnTriggerEnter(Collider theCollision)
    {

if (theCollision.tag == "piece")
	print("piece +1score");
	myPlayerScript.theScore++;

if (theCollision.tag == "piecebonus")
	print("piece -1score");
	myPlayerScript.theScore--;

}

Firstly, there are a few fixes to your code…they may help.

void OnTriggerEnter( Collider theCollision ) // C#, type first, name in second
{    
    if (theCollision.gameObject.tag == "piece")
    // By using {}, the condition apply to that entire scope, instead of the next line.
    { 
        print("piece +1score");
        myPlayerScript.theScore++;
    }

else if (theCollision.gameObject.tag == "piecebonus")
    {
        print("piece -1score");
        myPlayerScript.theScore--;
    }    
}

If these fixes aren’t enough, you might have to change “theCollision.gameObject.tag” to “theCollision.gameObject.name” and use the object’s name instead. Also check to see if you have the object tags correct in your script (this last problem is one I’ve had before).

[Edit by Berenger : Collider theCollision instead of theCollision : Collider (C#), explained the why {}]

Using the name for that purpose is ill advised, as you might need it for something else. Several object with different names can share the same tag however.

If the score does go up no matter what object collide with that one, it means none of them has the tag piecebonus. Make sure it’s correctly set in the editor and that it’s not modified by a script somewhere.