Target Frame Rate Not Working


I’m trying to clamp my frame rate down so it’s more consistent. I’m using Application.targetFrameRate to do this. The problem is, the frame rate is always proportionately above what I set my target as. For example, if I set it at 37, it hovers between 50 and 57. But at 20, it hovers at around 24.

Why isn’t it just clamping to that number. I mean, not exactly at that number, but within one of the target.

P.S. I’m making at Web Player game, and I turned off V Sync.

I think with most webplayers, vsync being on isn’t a choice, and those numbers do rather look like the result of vsync being on.