So, I’ve been pulling my hair out because when I package up terrain data from my server and send it to the client, the client recreates everything except the tree colliders. I use the CreateTerrainGameObject function to create the terrain from the terrain data, but nothing I have tried gets the terrain collider to take the trees into account.
So, I’ve tried a different tactic. Let’s say in my server scene, it has the terrains with the terrain data. So I have a TerrainData 0,1 prefab/gameobject store in my project.
Great…so I’ll just create an empty terrain with the correct terrain resolution in the CLIENT scene, and drag the TerrainData 0,1 terraindata to that terrain.
Annnd nothing. I expected the client terrain to match the server one. Wrong. Zip, nada.
You can test this by create two scenes, a server and a client. Create a terrain on the server, and see the new TerrainData stored in your projects.
Create a terrain in the client scene, and drag the terraindata from your project to the client terrain. You would expect them to match…but they DONT. According to the documentation, the terrain data stores the height information. But I can’t get that to take effect when I assign it to a terrain.
This is maddening.