the min sdk version cannot be specified in the androidmanifest.xml file. you have to remove it.

Please Help ME!!!

I am trying to build my project onto android and I cant, the error comes up with “the min sdk version cannot be specified in the androidmanifest.xml file. you have to remove it.”

sometimes it comes up with “could not delete old projectname emp\gradleout\launcher\build\reports\lint-results-release-fatal.html”

and then it comes up with 243 errors in the console, I’m using unity 2020.1.3f PLEASE HELP

Update: I found the cause but not the solution, I’m trying to setup cloud-once and unity is making me add the google play services scoped registry? and it doesn’t let me build but I need it to make cloud-once work. I still don’t know

Plugins > Android > Firebase … > AndroidManifest.xml > Remove <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="14"/>

Or just search for “Manifest” to find the file.

alt text

I had same issues recently @N8Squared see file:///C:/Program%20Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.1.3f1/Editor/Data/Documentation/en/Manual/android-gradle-troubleshooting.html

And also try changing the minSDKversion in the manifest to a higher API level. By default you will see “14”. If this does not resolve it remove the line of code or try the steps in the link above.,@N8Squared see file:///C:/Program%20Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.1.3f1/Editor/Data/Documentation/en/Manual/android-gradle-troubleshooting.html

And also try changing the minSDKversion in the manifest to a higher API level. By default you will see “14”. If this does not resolve it remove the line of code or try the steps in the link above.

For me it was the androidmanifest.xml in google play games plugin that had

uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion=“14”

but my project was targeting android sdk 28 and 29.

so i removed uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion=“14” and built.

Worked fine.

The minSDk version can not be specified in the AndroidManifest.xml file. You have to remove it. I am getting this error when I build the game using unity. I am using firebase and native gallery plugin. I have two android manifest files in my project screen shoots are attached. PLEASE HELP ME.

link of the error i am facing

manifest file of Firebase

manifest file of assets>plugins>Android

PLEASE HELP