third person character controller with rigidbody,how to make third person character controller.

hello, I am new to unity and I want to make the third person shooter game. but I have a problem I don’t know how to make third person movement. I want to move the character by a rigid body. I see a lot of video on youtube but I can’t get it. please help me to solve this problem.,hello, I am new to unity and I want to make the third person game. but I have a problem I don’t know how to make third person movement. I want to move the character by a rigid body. I see a lot of video on youtube but I can’t get it. please help me to solve this problem.

I would assume that your character does not have an animator.
Use the roll a ball tutorial, that would most probably work.

public float speed;

private Rigidbody rb;

void Start ()
{
rb = GetComponent();

}

void FixedUpdate ()
{
float moveHorizontal = Input.GetAxis (“Horizontal”);
float moveVertical = Input.GetAxis (“Vertical”);

Vector3 movement = new Vector3 (moveHorizontal, 0.0f, moveVertical);

rb.AddForce (movement * speed);
}

The explanation:
In your script, first, you need to get a reference of your rigidbody, by assigning it in the inspector or doing GetComponent(). Then, in your FixedUpdate() function, you check what input the player entered, by using Input.GetAxisRaw; At last, you apply your movement using rb.AddForce();

@ warrencwwong
but how to rotate and move the character in the horizontal move. I am making humonid character movement.

Hello sir Feels like you are facing problems well I can help you with it !
Its not easy to explain a full third person character controller here but you can get the starter assets
in the assets store link = Starter Assets - Third Person Character Controller | URP | Essentials | Unity Asset Store
Hope it helps